Saturday 5 April 2014

The long lasting Wiper, PIAA


Being a safety freak, wiper is a very important component for my car.  I will never compromise the quality of this part for a good looking unit that does not perform!  All my cars come with the traditional wipers set, with a metal frame providing the springy effect, ensuring the full blade touches the windscreen properly.  


If you were to change it to a frameless wiper, you will notice the tension provided by the wiper arm, at only the middle point is not enough to make the blade fully sitted on the windscreen.  Defnitely, you\ could see one edge of the blade is floating on air, as it could not have enough force to push the far end down the curvature of the windscreen, thus not able to provide a clean wipe.  Unless your car is original fitted with such wiper blade, skip this good looking set.


I have always put my trust on PIAA wiper blade, and my last set of silicone blade lasted me about 8 years.  Just replaced it today with the refill set, and the wipe is now flawlessly crystal clear.  It is also greener to use refill instead of changing the full frame set.  The car is now 10 years old, still on its factory fitted wiper frame!  FYI, PIAA wiper is available at ENEOS.