Thursday 29 August 2013

The Southward pointing cluster...I LIKE!

Choosing between the conventional analog or digital meter cluster?  Some car manufacturers had tried switching to digital and years later switching back to analog for one simple reason...Car freak like me still love the analog cluster instead of having LCD/LED display, just no Ummph at all.

Somehow I fell in love with meter cluster that defy the convention slightly, on those pointing at 6-o'clock position, the Southward Pointer, as I called it.  Those with 7-o'clock starting pointer is just plain boring and destined for the lazy manufacturers that do not take their cluster design seriously.

Here you go, my MX-5 cluster in amber, which is my favourite colour, a big no-no to those blue Ah-Beng cluster.


I love the new three-pointed-star A-Class, and one reason is it has the similar southward pointing cluster.

Talking about digital cluster, my Citroen C3 used to WOW people, but heck, it just don't look cool after awhile.